Tuesday, September 6, 2005

Welcome to our blog...

So I guess I'm joining this new generation of "bloggers". I know some of you techie type people know exactly why it is called blogging. Please fill me in! BLOGGING?? I have many reasons for wanting to start this blog.
One main reason is that Russ and I are adopting from Korea. I have been so blessed to see other blogs where people are sharing their experiences and pictures. It brings hope and clarity for me to read their rich experiences.
When we discovered Kaitlyn (our first baby) would have to have surgery for metopic craniosynostosis we scoured the internet. The most helpful things we found were websites made by parents telling us about what we were about to face. We recorded Kaitlyn's surgery day by day on our family website. www.russandangel.com We have had many families e-mail tell us it helped them.
My prayer is that this blog will serve as
1. An encouragement to other families who are going through the adoption process
2. A tool for those considering adoption
3. An update for our friends who want to keep up with the process
4. A journal of this journey of faith we are embarking upon
5. Just a record of life in general to look back on
The reason I am naming this blog Faith's Journey is that I believe that is what adoption is.Generally this is what my life is. Believing in what we cannot see.
FAITH=Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence
Hmmmm sounds scary huh? Even irrational.... Or maybe it's the most reasonable thing we do as human beings. To believe in more than ourselves. To embrace the fact that we don't know or see everything. Why is faith so hard for me? I think it's because I have give up my illusion of control.
From what I can tell adoption is going to be such a lesson in Faith's Journey.

No comments: