Friday, September 16, 2005

What Is Our Timeline?




Many of you have been wondering where we are in the process of our adoption. I thought I would share that with you. At this point we have are about to start our homestudy. I'll give a timeline of what has happened so far. Keep in mind that Russ and I have not been rushing the process. We are not in a hurry. So the process is perhaps a little slower than for somebody who is really pushing to get it done.
MAY 16, 2005- Sent in the initial application. This is just a short form with basic info. They also ask you basic questions about why you want to adopt and your family support unit.
JULY 16, 2005- Attended the Dillon International Adoption Conference in Dallas. It was very helpful and informative. We really enjoyed it.
SEPTEMBER 6, 2005- Our formal application is officially approved!!! The formal application includes medical exams saying you are healthy, fingerprinting, marriage license, birth certificates, references etc.... It seems overwhelming but if you just take it one task at a time it's really not that bad.
Right now we are just waiting to get our homestudy scheduled. It could take a few weeks or a few months depending on the schedule of the social worker. She will come to our home and interview us and make sure our home is a safe environment for children.
After that we will be placed on a waiting list for Korea. How long we will wait is dependant on so many factors. Korea's wait is longer right now than many other countries but we felt God leading us that way. I'll discuss why we picked Korea in another entry. Anyway we are open to special needs children that have correctable or minor issues. That may shorten the wait significantly. I just really have no idea!!! It could be soon or two years from now. This is the part where I get to embrace my COMPLETE LACK OF CONTROL!!!!! SWEET!!!
How Can You Pray?
Please pray for God's perfect timing in this process. We believe that even though this baby will not come from my body God knows who he/she is even now. Just as he brought us Kaitlyn- our pure gift- He will give us this child. We want to be ready and willing and PATIENT!!! I don't want to be tempted to rush this or drag my feet.

Psalm 139

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

No comments: