Friday, November 4, 2005

Little Miracles

I just wanted to say a sincere and deep thank you to all of you. I'm feeling choked up while I write this. We have received such unbelievable support from so many of you. I am forever grateful. So many of you have written encouraging notes, reference letters, witness letters, given out hugs and listened to me ecstatic and freaked out!!! We are so blessed! We had over 320 people visit our blog the day we sent out news of Zoe's referral. What a blessed little girl we have. She already has a multitude of people who care for her and are praying for her. You are such a part of this process. We thank you so much for praying.
Dossier prep is going very well. It's looks like (Lord willing and the creek don't rise) I will drive to Austin on Monday morning to get my 10 million notarized documents authenticated and then straight to Houston to turn them into the consulate.
It hasn't been without hiccups or stress. Yesterday I had my first official adoption process meltdown. Basically the lady at the printer shop told me she couldn't give me color copies of my passport cause it's illegal but my paperwork says I have to have color copies. I proceeded to rush to my car and melt into tears. I'm recovered and back on track now. We got it all worked.
I just NEED to say that my adoption agency has been AMAZING. Not good not even wonderful. FREAKING AMAZING!!! My case worker Lindsey is fairly close to an angel. I'm voting sainthood!! I have called that poor women on the phone approx 30-40 times this week. Do I need this? Should I sign that? Could you find this out? How quick can I get that? Can I get that right this minute please??? She has been a jewel. She has NEVER been anything but patient and kind and caring. Tami (the Guatemalan Director) is just as wonderful. Oh and don't forget Pat who has worked tirelessly on our home study despite being incredibly busy. Then there are all the people in the background that we'll never even know about. THANK YOU!! I vote that we put adoption workers in the class with firefighters and teachers and senators. You people may never know (till heaven) how many lives you have touched or how many children you have saved. So here's to the heroes!!!
This week has been full of big and little miracles. Thank you to everyone who said, Yes I'll help you." You helped us bring Zoe home
All of our lives are full of little miracles. Take a look around you. Don't miss it. Don't think you have to wait to hear God speaking to you. He whispers to us constantly in everything around us. Don't dismiss it. Embrace it.
Thank you. You are part of our miracle.

Mathew 18:5


And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.

No comments: