Monday, November 28, 2005

Thankful Out Of My Mind!

It has been an amazing holiday week. We spent some great time with family and friends. Some of our dear friends came to visit us. They have just moved back from Seattle to Dallas so it was so special to get to visit with them knowing that they were "home" for good!! Welcome home Wallys!! :0)
Oh big news!! My friends the Copeland's have found the little girl they will adopt. http://spaces.msn.com/members/CopelandAdoption/ Praise the Lord!! We are so happy for them and their sweet new daughter...
So we are starting a whole bunch of new traditions this year and continuing some great old ones. I am VERY into traditions and memories. Now that we have a more permanent home and a two year old little girl it seems like a perfect time to start some wonderful things. We spent the weekend decorating for Christmas. Russ did a great job on the outside. Our neighborhood is a milder version of "Christmas With The Kranks." If you haven't seen it go rent it. Or better yet read the book it's based on. "Skipping Christmas" by John Grisham. It's hilarious. So anyway our neighborhood is beautiful this time of year!! EVERYONE does lights. I love it!! We will get to add more every year but we have a nice start going. I'll try to take pictures soon.
These days we are listening to Christmas music, making gifts for people, decorating, driving around looking at lights and cuddling while we watch movies. I'm generally just trying to soak in every minute of life in this magnificent moment. I am frankly overwhelmed with grateful love for my life. I am so blessed. A loving and devoted hubby, a precious two year old sweety and a brave little girl in Guatemala... Everything we do now we talk about Zoe... Wouldn't Zoe like these lights. Do you think Zoe will like Turkey? What would Zoe think about the outlet mall in San Marcos? Does Zoe know about Santa Claus? Does she know about Jesus??? I am SOOO excited to get to see her and share so many things with her...
Okay I know I'm mushy but isn't it the season for mushiness? Okay I'm mushy all the time.
So some cute things about Kaitlyn....
You can get her to wear anything or do whatever you need her to do if you tell her that is what a Princess does/wears. She is a Princess FREAK. When this tactic quits working we are in BIG trouble! :0)
She calls coke "good juice." As in "No I don't want milk (pronounced ILK) Daddy, I want some of you good juice peas."
A few days ago she spontaneously walked up to me and said, "Mommy, you're amazing!" Instant heart melt!! "Would you like a car sweet Kaitlyn?? Yes of course the license plate will say princess!!!" Hee Hee...
Last week out of the blue she walks up to Russ and says, "I go on a date with my Daddy.." Awww sooo sweet. They go on weekly "dates" to eat but he was sick the day they usually go. Russ didn't think she would know or care but SURPRISE! Of course the answer was yes. She said mommy could come this time too. He asked her where she wanted to go and she said, "Eat burritos!" So we did... :0)
Tonight Kaitlyn gave her first request for ordering pizza. We were walking through the neighborhood and talking about our favorite foods. She said she liked pizza and furthermore she wanted pizza tonight. I figured she would forget about it but later she asked, "Mommy we have pizza peas??" Again the melting heart. I said, "Well you'll have to ask Daddy." We called him on the phone and she said, "Daddy I have pizza in my house peas? I get in my car and go get it wif my Daddy." Well he was snookered, bedazzled, roped in and suckered all with those two sentences. Needless to say we got pizza tonight. Good thing there was a special at Pizza Hut. Carryout large for $6.99 'cause we spent all our bucks on the lights for the house!!!
Later,
:0) Angel

No comments: