Sunday, October 23, 2005

Our Homestudy Is Finished

I did my interview for the homestudy yesterday. It was great. I met with our social worker at Cracker Barrell and had some good food and great conversation. We did the interview and then ended up just talking for a long time . The lady who is handling our case is so nice and is an adoptive mother too. We had a 2 1/2 hour long breakfast. It was wonderful and I felt like I learned so many things about adoption in general. Social workers can be quite a handy information source!!!
She's got us thinking that our next adoption may be a domestic bi-racial adoption. I KNOW! I KNOW! Let's get through this adoption first. I'm just saying that a little blonde princess, a precious guatemalan sweetheart, and an adorable African-American baby boy sound like the perfect American family to me. Don't you think??? I can just see it now!! Go ahead. Tell me I'm crazy! I am WELL AWARE of that fact. I bet a lot of people thought Jesus was a complete nut case. So if I'm trying to be like Him I guess people are just going to have to think I'm a loon sometimes!! I know I have quite a few fellow "loonies" that follow this blog :0)
So now she is putting our homestudy together. She writes out a report that is like 8 pages long about our family and sends it to Dillon.
From this point on we are able to accept a refferral! WOW!!!! It could be any day now. I know this sounds kinda weird but I hope it doesn't happen for a month or two because I would like to have time to get our dossier turned in first. That way we can get her home younger. You can only start your dossier when your about to get a refferral but you have to have it done before you can start the court process to bring your child home. OK. Now I'm just confusing all of you right?? It's all very time sensitve. Just keep praying for God's perfect timing in all of this! WE ARE GETTING SO EXCITED!!!

No comments: