Monday, December 12, 2005

2 Weeks Till Take Off!

2 weeks till Christmas and Guatemala. I just can't seem to find time to blog these days!!! I don't know why. It's not like I have anything going on! Hee hee. Anyway, things are going great. It's just REALLY busy between getting ready for Christmas and the trip to Guatemala. I've been feeling kind of overwhelmed with it all and my thyroid did a dive on me today. For those of you who don't know my thyroid went kooky on me during my pregnancy with Kaitlyn so now I have to take medicine. My thyroid runs too slowly and it makes me extremely tired and grouchy and on the chubby side if I'm not medicated. I sometimes have a bad spell if I push myself too hard but that hasn't happened for months. Well it happened yesterday. OOOPS... I slept for 11 hours last night then 2 1/2 this afternoon and still couldn't function because I felt so exhausted. It's a horrible feeling. So I'm trying to take it easy so I don't have an all out crash! Hopefully I'll be back up and running in a couple of days. It's just so hard to pace yourself when you have a million things to do and two weeks to do it!
This Christmas has felt more magical for than it has in a long time. We decided to simplify a lot. So we are making presents for people or giving very small sentimental gifts. We are starting so many wonderful traditions. Spending lots of time reading Christmas books and watching Christmas movies. I feel like the last few days I slipped into the rush rush thing and quit enjoying it. I don't want to do that.
I'm deciding to get back on track and enjoy it. I've just got to decide that if it doesn't all get done that it's okay. What's important is that I have little eyes watching me and learning what the Christmas season is all about. What am I telling her with my actions? Yikes... I want so much for her to remember love and family and giving and not chaos at Christmas. THAT'S IT! I'm reforming back to calm Christmas girl. I'll let you know how that goes. :0)
My best to you all. Here's wishing you love and a calm Christmas season...
Angel

No comments: