Wednesday, December 28, 2005

She's sick!

Mirna is still asleep so I have just a moment. Mirna has had a runny nose and cough since she came. We were thinking it was probably just a cold. Then last night at midnight I heard a little voice say in Spanish, " Mommy I need you." I bolted over and asked if she was okay. She was crying quietly. Tears dripping. I woke Russ up. "Russ what is the word for pain???" "Dolor I think" said my groggy hubby. I asked Mirna "Tienes Dolor?" She said yes she had pain and pointed to her mouth. I asked her if it was her boca-mouth or her dientes-teeth. She said her teeth. Russ immediately went to the lobby for Tylenol. While we waited I did full mommy interview. Does this hurt? "No" she would say. Does that hurt? "No" Are you sad too? "No" Are you scared? "No" You only have pain here? "Yes." Does it hurt a lot of days? "No, this is the first time" she told me.

Then it was mommy comfort and guilt time. "Lo Siento Mirna. I'm so sorry Mirna. Pobrecita. Poor baby. Daddy is getting medicine and it will be better soon." Meanwhile thinking, "Bad mommy! Why didn't I bring Children's Tylenol AT LEAST??" Oh well. I'm not supermom. I might as well accept that now. They only had adult Tylenol. (which seems kinda silly when you see how many adoptive families stay here!!) Note to all soon to travel mommies and daddies. BRING LOTS OF MEDICINE.

As soon as we got the Tylenol I had Russ get my little scrapbook picture cutter and cut the pill in three little pieces. She swallowed them with no problem. I took two pills for myself while we were at it cause by that time I had a monster headache. While we waited for the Tylenol to take effect I continued my comforting. She was just dazed looking with quiet tears. Heartbreaking. In 20 min she was starting to come around. By 30 we had our Mirna back. Wanting to do the Barbie puzzle with daddy again. So now daddy and Mirna have done the puzzle 6 times!! I set the alarm for a second dose at 4:30 am so she wouldn't wake up hurting and be afraid to tell us but she could not be woken up. That girl sleeps like a rock! She is still asleep. I know many children deal with change and grief and sickness by sleeping. She has all three going on.

This morning we called Sharon- our main contact and she is calling doctors. Please pray for us. Mirna does NOT like doctors. She is scared. We really didn't want to have to take her our first trip but it's what she needs. I'm glad we were here to get her help quickly.

More later

:0) Angel

No comments: